RIOT is a multi-threading operating system which enables soft real-time capabilities and comes with support for a range of devices that are typically found in the Internet of Things: 8-bit and 16-bit microcontrollers as well as light-weight 32-bit processors.
It is based on the following design principles: energy-efficiency, soft real-time capabilities, small memory footprint, modularity, and uniform API access, independent of the underlying hardware (with partial POSIX compliance).
This Software is developed by an international open-source community which is independent of specific vendors (e.g. similarly to the Linux community) and is licensed with a non-viral copyleft license (LGPLv2.1), which allows indirect business models around the free open-source software platform provided by RIOT.
A riot is a small tool for communication and cooperation of project team members. It is a kind of alternative to such popular solutions as Slack or Telegram. At the same time, the program guarantees a high level of security, because all sent messages are encrypted.
Riot works with such services as JIRA, GitHub, Jenkins. Developers are also planning to extend their support to Basecamp, Invision, and Zeppelin.
Just after installation, you must create a user account and activate it using a browser. At first glance, the application interface stands out with its modernity. People who are familiar with other similar tools should not have a problem with the service.
Efficient, Clutter-free, Riot knows how to go unnoticed. Free your mind, relax and let your creativity express itself. Integrations (coming soon) for Base camp, Invasion, Zeppelin and more bring updates right into your team room for easy tracking. Guest access, interoperability with Slack and other networks let you easily reach your customers through one simple, elegant interface.
Born from IRC; built by developers for developers. Enjoy the integrations (Jira, Github), benefit from new ones from the Matrix community, or add your own!
Need to get a bunch of different people quickly on the same page? It might be a collaboration between teams, companies, families, clubs… Riot’s guest access and interoperability let them plug into their preferred tools and get up and running rapidly.
We all know the communication problems you can find in even the smallest businesses. With Riot, get everyone painlessly on the same page – without them having to give up their existing tools!
- CoAP Resource Directory.
- Block2, ESP32 support, rework of I2C interface, EEPROM registry
- Full and Minimal Thread Devices support in OpenThread and compliance of LoRaWAN 1.0.2
- provide a better user experience when browsing the documentation
- some efforts in grouping some modules to make them easier to access in the documentation.
- refactoring, test improvements, and bug fixes.
- Download the latest version from the Download Button Given below.
- Under the tarball on your web server
- Move (or symlink) the riot-x.x.x directory to an appropriate name
- If desired, copy config, sample, json to config.json and edit it as desired. See below for details.
- Enter the URL into your browser and log into Riot!